Saturday morning we all woke up with headaches. No, we weren't out "tying one on" the night before, and I have no idea why we were all three hit by the same ailment, but it was a rough way to start out the morning. Ornery recovered first and went out for donuts for our breakfast. By the time he returned, Elizabeth and I were both feeling a little better, and I am sure the sugar rush from the donuts completed the healing. :)
I spent a delightful half-hour or so on the porch rocker enjoying the absolute peace and beauty of the rain drenched morning before the cool air chased me back inside. I love listening to the birds in the early hours as they are so excited about life! Ornery (who was living up to his moniker in a rather bold manner) and Elizabeth both went to work on the planes.
I spent the morning writing--something I haven't really done much of lately--and doing a few things around the house. In the afternoon, Ornery worked some with his scroll saw, completed a few yardstick airplanes he had started a couple of weeks ago, and went grocery shopping for me. He did pretty well, only making a couple of mistakes.
He tried out a new gadget called a sanding flap we purchased from a specialty catalog to use with the drill press to sand things. He has been cutting out more of the baskets he made last winter and we thought it might make sanding them easier. It was, but they will still need a bit of hand sanding as well. I am sure it will take several hours off the total project, but there is really no easy way to sand things without some elbow grease.
I painted the primer and first coat of paint on the bottom part of the patio table, but didn't get any further than that.
Sunday morning, Elizabeth took us out to Panera for Mother's Day breakfast. We came back home and Ornery gave me his Mother's Day card, then went out to get the mail from Saturday to find another there. Elizabeth spent most of the morning and early afternoon working on my shawl. She only lacks about 4 inches down the middle to finish the weaving, but the fringe still needs to be applied and the finished garment removed and the top edge finished. There are still several hours of work left, but she made significant progress.
The rest of the day Elizabeth spent will Michael and Ornery and I spent in idle pursuits. It was a delightful weekend...
Looking forward, we have dinner planned with Ornery's sister Monday night to discuss the situation with his brother, and Elizabeth has been invited to Michael's parent's house for dinner. Ornery is a bit overwhelmed with work at his job, and plans to finish sanding and gluing the baskets to get them ready for finishing. I will paint the top of the little patio table and help Elizabeth with the fringe on the shawl. Never a dull moment around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.