Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend in Review: Three Saws and a Plane Ride

Ornery's weekend was something to write home about. :)  He went to work on the airplanes by himself Saturday morning since Elizabeth was only slightly coherent by the time they needed to leave.  He and his scroll saw boarded Big Red shortly after 7:00 AM and rolled out with plans to stop for breakfast on the way.

When he returned at about 1:00 PM, he was practically humming and had a big grin on his face.  He had been offered a seat on one of the aircraft the commemorative group had refurbished--a PT19 open top trainer (like the one pictured below in a photo I borrowed from Google... )

He got to fly as a passenger--although it sounds like he will be working to get current again so he can actually pilot as well.  The pilot of the craft was unaware at the beginning of the flight that Ornery has a pilot's license but outlined the process to get current again so he could fly with them.

I am not sure how he could sleep being so excited and all, but he took a quick nap after lunch, then trotted out to his Man Cave to work on a small patio table he had been planning to make for some time.  By the end of the day he had used all three saws; the scroll saw, the table saw and the miter saw.  Any three-saw day is a great day according to him.

As we were sitting in the library at the end of the day, catching up with Elizabeth after her day with Michael, I glanced over to see him wearing a grin again and I asked him what he was so happy about.  His reply: "I got to fly today."

The other inmates of Zoe Cottage managed to keep occupied although not quite as enthusiastically as Ornery.  Elizabeth spent the day with Michael, ending at his parents house for a bit of sports watching--which is really not her thing.  The rest of her day sounded like fun with a trip to Redbud Valley, a bit of shopping and a fabulous dinner.

I set out to USE ALL THE COLORS!! on my latest journal entry.  I traced several chipboard flowers, then painted each one a different color using my twinkling H2O watercolor paints.  I filled in the background using five different colors of blues and greens, then spritzed some water over the whole thing giving it a mottled and blurry edge.  It is not my best work, but it was fun and a great exercise to see what different processes will create on the page.  I also spent some time reading and visiting with Elizabeth and Ornery throughout the day.

My Silks acrylic paints arrived on Friday along with a package from Blue Moon scrapbooking supplies that contained some new stencils.  Elizabeth bought a package of palette knives and some Micron pens for me, both required for the class which begins May 17th.  Hopefully there will still be some paints left when the class begins... I might have been possibly known to use my supplies prior to the class a time or two.

Sunday Ornery and I went to breakfast and had a long discussion, then came home and took a nap. :)  We got up and had church, then he went to Lowe's to buy a bit more wood for his table since I suggested an "improvement" to his design in the form of a shelf below for a plant to sit on.  While he worked on the table, I wrote in all the Mother's Day cards I made last week and got them ready to send out.  In many ways I wish it was just called "Women's Day" instead of Mother's Day since there are many women in my life that I would love to honor in some way...  Maybe I should start that up and create lots of cards for it, hmm?

It was a nice weekend after the stress of the week, and hopefully next week will be better!

1 comment:

  1. Huge congratulations to Dave for getting to fly and get back into piloting! I'm excited about the class you are taking coming up too! And it sounds like Elizabeth is enjoying life as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.