Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cracked Pots

Thursday morning I purchased and downloaded the Gabriel Method mp3s and other materials.  My sister recommended the program to me, and since I know my weight issue is not food related (else I would not be any fatter than anyone else in the house) but some other problem, I figured I would give it a try.  It isn't that much different than the Heart Physics program we have done in the past, but it targets weight loss.

The first thing on the program after watching a video is to listen to the evening visualization just as you are going to sleep.  Jon Gabriel says you will notice a difference right away, and sure enough, I did.  At the beginning of the "tape" for lack of a better word, he suggests you think about the things you want to accomplish the next day.  I had several things on my mind to do, but then, I have had those same things on my mental list for a few weeks, so that was nothing new.

I pictured actually doing those things, and what do you know, Friday morning I got up and did them!  I got out the pots we found on Craigslist a while back and transplanted all but three of the plants I purchased Thursday at Lowe's.  Unfortunately, only five of the ten pots were usable, the others being so brittle they broke just from handling them empty.

Ornery noticed as he unloaded the plants and dirt from the van that the hanging pot I had gotten was cracked from top to bottom on two sides, so I had to do some fancy shuffling, transplanting things I hadn't really planned on.  As I was removing the new asparagus fern from the cracked pot I discovered a big slug attached to the root ball.  **shivers**  I got rid of him in a hurry!

I mixed up another batch of microbial tea to brew so I could feed everything on Saturday morning then watered the potted plants so they wouldn't burn up before then.  I dumped a bag of top soil into the mulch bucket to help hurry things along, and added some minerals and water as well.

Then I hurried inside to fix lunch--a real home-cooked meal!  By the time we sat down to eat, I was worn out.  Fortunately a book I had been waiting on from the library came available for check out, so after lunch, Ornery took me to pick it up.  What a delightful way to spend a Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.