This weekend we spent a lot of time in pleasurable pursuits-- We had coffee on the patio, breakfast at Panera then went grocery shopping before Ornery went to work on the plane Saturday morning. While he was gone, Elizabeth and I had a long talk, then she helped me finish off a few mother's day cards I had been working on during the week. Later she went out with Michael and I read while Ornery built a very small tri-loom for me.
Sunday I made three little woven pieces on the loom, Ornery cut and glued several yardstick airplanes, and Elizabeth worked on homework--anticipating the end of the term this coming week with relish. Ornery also spent some time with his scroll saw cutting out more basket/bowls like he made last winter. He went to Lowe's and bought some wood to make a couple outdoor patio end-tables so we can have a spot to put our coffee cups when we are out there, and I ordered some parts he needed for them online. He had a three saw weekend! :)
I am planning to put some photos of the cards I made up on my design blog as soon as I get them taken. For some reason the picture taking hasn't happened much lately. The cards are really quite lovely, and very different from those I have made in the past since all the art on them is original instead of just printed paper. The twinks are so much fun, and Elizabeth has been teaching me how to shade and highlight, so they are not all just flat.
Each evening this past week, Ornery has dressed in his paint clothes intending to finish off the last of the painting in the bathroom, but gets distracted by something else. He got the trim and the closet door (which had not ever been painted since we put it in last November) finished last weekend. All he lacks is the wall along the top of the baseboards where he used painters caulk to seal up the cracks when he lowered the baseboards after putting down the new floor. This project has lasted the longest of any so far in this house, having started back in January with the removal of the carpet. It sure is nice, even with the few little details left to finish.
Ornery's trip to West Palm Beach that was scheduled for this coming week has been postponed. He thinks he will go later this month. I have not made any plans for the week, but I think I will do some editing on the next project, and maybe spend a bit more time in the studio playing with my twinks--I now have 54 colors! The supply list comes out on Tuesday for the Silks class, and I am looking forward to playing around with some of that stuff when it comes in. Otherwise, I am happy to say there seems to be a lull in the busy-ness that has been quite enjoyable!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.