Saturday we started slow. Ornery wanted her to go with him to shoot some pictures but it took them until 11:20 to get out the door. He had seen a train parked somewhere across town and they went to see what kind of photos they could take there. Unfortunately, there were signs everywhere saying to keep off the train, but they took a few with her on the ground.
She had a date with five old school chums at 2:15 to see the 3D movie, Titanic--which they all attended together when it originally came out several years ago--then out to dinner to catch up. Graduation was 13 years ago! She had a great time and has plans for more such gatherings in the future--sans Titanic, which she said lasted longer than the actual sinking event!
She had a date with five old school chums at 2:15 to see the 3D movie, Titanic--which they all attended together when it originally came out several years ago--then out to dinner to catch up. Graduation was 13 years ago! She had a great time and has plans for more such gatherings in the future--sans Titanic, which she said lasted longer than the actual sinking event!
Ornery napped and worked on some mason bee houses while I took care of some correspondence and mixed up my first batch of garden "microbe tea" from my high brix gardening kit. It has to ferment for 24 hours, then have other things mixed in before spraying on the soil and foliage of the garden.
First thing Sunday morning, I went out and applied the concoction. I made several messes and can only hope that future applications will be less messy! Here are a few pictures of the garden after the first application on Sunday.
We spent the morning getting ready for Easter dinner, which was attended by Elizabeth's long time friend and former co-worker, Michael. We had a nice visit, dinner was excellent, and the "kids" enjoyed opening the Easter baskets almost as much as I enjoyed preparing them. :) After dinner, they colored eggs...
We dined on roast beef, mashed potatoes and scalloped carrots using Elizabeth's china, since I have passed my mom's down to Ryan and Ale and haven't gotten any to replace it. We used silver flatware given to us at our wedding by Ornery's great-aunt. It was purchased by her mother and aunt with Betty Crocker Coupons over 50 years ago. It is the same pattern my dad's mother collected. I made an easy cobbler for dessert, but it has really been too long since I did much cooking and I am feeling pretty rusty!
The weather all weekend was very mild, mostly cloudy with a few gentle showers and an occasional clap of thunder. We spent most of the afternoon on Sunday outside on the back patio.
This week I hope to get my studio cleaned up and do a bit of work in there. Work? Well, really play. :)
First thing Sunday morning, I went out and applied the concoction. I made several messes and can only hope that future applications will be less messy! Here are a few pictures of the garden after the first application on Sunday.
| Lettuce |
| Peppers--2 red bell peppers, one pablano and one jalapeno |
| heirloom tomato with marigolds coming up around the edges |
We dined on roast beef, mashed potatoes and scalloped carrots using Elizabeth's china, since I have passed my mom's down to Ryan and Ale and haven't gotten any to replace it. We used silver flatware given to us at our wedding by Ornery's great-aunt. It was purchased by her mother and aunt with Betty Crocker Coupons over 50 years ago. It is the same pattern my dad's mother collected. I made an easy cobbler for dessert, but it has really been too long since I did much cooking and I am feeling pretty rusty!
The weather all weekend was very mild, mostly cloudy with a few gentle showers and an occasional clap of thunder. We spent most of the afternoon on Sunday outside on the back patio.
This week I hope to get my studio cleaned up and do a bit of work in there. Work? Well, really play. :)
A beautiful Easter with your lovely Elizabeth! Those train shots made the train seem way bigger than I think trains are, or was that a giant?
ReplyDeleteI don't really know anything about the train. It is apparently being refurbished at the train station, but other than that I don't know. It does seem a lot bigger than those I have ridden on at Eureka Springs, AR and Hill City, SD, but when I sit at a train crossing in my car, I realize how massive those things are.
ReplyDeletetm