Saturday and Sunday morning, Ornery and I took our coffee out to the back porch to rock and visit. I was trying to remember the last time I had morning coffee on the porch and I am pretty sure it has been almost two years! I used to enjoy it so much, but with moving and all that has transpired over the last couple of years, the habit fell by the wayside. We resurrected it in style. :)
Elizabeth went downtown to take a test at about 8:00 and Ornery and I went on a date to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. We dropped by Sam's club for a few items, then home to visit with Ornery's mom for a few hours. She came to work a puzzle with me. Elizabeth's knee was bothering her so she stayed close to home after her test instead of riding to Oklahoma City as she had planned. The rest of the day we spent in quiet pursuits, keeping an eye on the weather which was forecast to be severe and dangerous.
We didn't get the tornadoes they were predicting, but others were not so fortunate. At any rate, we were grateful to be home and out of the weather. Sunday morning we had a nice rain, but other than that, we just saw a lot of wind and cloudy skies.
Ornery and Elizabeth got the new big loom set up on Saturday and she started my next shawl on Sunday morning. She seemed pleased with the construction saying it was a very tight weave, which should make the finished product very nice.
Since the rain seemed to be over, she spent the afternoon out and about while Ornery and I hung around the house in quiet pursuits. He stained parts of a box he is making for Elizabeth, (was supposed to be a Christmas present last year!) took care of a clogged drain, and worked on the Grace and Righteousness Ministries website. I painted a couple of pages in my art journal and read.
This week I will be editing a few message outlines for the Grace and Righteousness website, then I will start on the next eight message sermon series for Impact: How to be Ridiculously Happy, no matter what.
I doubt I will want to write a lot after being on the computer so much for "work," but if I can, I would like to get a few more letters written for the Letters from Zoe Cottage blog. They are not turning out to be letters for children by any means, but I am hoping to get 365 written and have them published as a devotional book before my grandchildren reach adulthood!
Otherwise, I plan to work a little bit outside, maybe do a little housework (wouldn't want to be too ambitious!) and read. The weather is supposed to be beautiful--cool in the mornings and sunny with low to mid 70's in the afternoons. That is absolutely perfect weather as far as I am concerned.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.