![]() |
| (Not my image--I found on Pinterest, linked from The Knot, which I cannot access without an account. Just thought it would be nice to have a bit of cake for my celebration!) |
Five years ago today I started my first blog, Thoughts from Miller Manor, on Blogger. Since then I have started several others, (some still online, others have been deleted) and written well over 2000 posts including all the blogs combined. That just really seems pretty unbelievable to me!
My blogging journey has not been financially profitable at all, but certainly it has cultivated a greater vocabulary, garnered better writing skills, expanded my creativity, enhanced my computer skills and fulfilled a need for expression that had apparently been sorely lacking. I mean, really; 2000 posts? I know very few of them have been short, so I wonder just how many words that is!?
I love considering just how I want to say something and finding different words to add color and texture to somewhat mundane experiences. I like words-- typing them, manipulating them on the screen, refining my thoughts, revising the text--I just really love writing/typing words. Not so much on the talking, though.
I also have enjoyed meeting new people from all over the world online--although many of the relationships were short in duration. Each person has added some little gem in my treasure chest of memories. I relish the comments although I am not as obsessed with them as I was when I first started out. Sometimes I wonder whether the people I met five years ago have changed as much as I have.
Happy Blogoversary to ME!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.