I started and finished a custom order of ten teal clipboards today. I worked from 7:00 to 4:00. All I lack is taking them to the Post Office. It sure feels good to have those done! When the buyer ordered she said, "I need ten for now..." so I think I may stock up on a few of those clearance bolts of teal ribbon from Michael's before they are all gone!
Meanwhile, Elizabeth has been weaving away on her second shawl on the new loom with the Corrs on the stereo. She has had an extremely productive week off already! We are planning a trip back to her old place to gather the rest of the things she wants to keep this weekend. She is brushing up her resume to see if she can find a job a little closer to town to alleviate some of the forty minute commute each way. If she can't find something else, she will continue with the drive, but it would sure be nice to find something closer.
We seem to have all adapted very well to having her live here. It is open ended as to when she will move out, especially since she hopes to find a job in town and that would help her decide where to live. We have had lots of light-hearted moments as well as thought provoking discussions and just quiet moments together. Ornery is enjoying having her around and is looking forward to some jaunts to the park with golf-discs and maybe even a day hike or two in the spring.
Life often takes interesting twists and turns, and we never really know how our days will turn out. It is always reassuring to know that God's grace is sufficient for us to handle any circumstance that seems bigger than we are. We have all been relying on that grace a lot lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.