Ornery and I left Zoe Cottage on Saturday morning a week ago for a trip to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. We arrived there on Sunday and spent a few hours that afternoon with Ryan, Ale and the grands, but that was our only time to visit.
While he was working on simulators at the base, I did some pre-tax-time work on my etsy books and read. We spent the mornings together, sometimes just in the condo, other times we went shopping. At thrift shops I found a "new" Gateway computer keyboard to strip for crafting, and an old Monopoly game. We also shopped at the outlet mall in San Destin where we got some amazing deals on shirts for Ornery and a purse and shoes for me. We also went to the Scrapbook Clearance Center where I found some pretty cool deals on a few craft supplies. I didn't spend a lot, but I got a few things I had been hoping to find.
Rather than spend $100. for a night in a hotel on the way home, we drove straight through on Friday, which was a day earlier than we thought we would be coming home. We left there at about 7:00 AM and arrived home at 9:00 PM. Home never looked so good!
Saturday we went to Lowe's and bought a few things for some projects, and then Elizabeth and I spent a few hours in the studio--she worked on some jewelry and I covered a journal and made some cards.
Today she and Ornery are building a new tri-loom for her shawl weaving; this one will be a bit smaller than the first, and since Ornery has "real" tools now it will be made much better as well. The two of them have spent a lot of time with their heads together to figure out the best design and assembly method.
Meanwhile, I have been redesigning our logo, printing out greeting card backs and creating a new business card. Once I get it all ready, I will take my computer over to Office Depot and see how they want the image downloaded for printing. I tried to do it online, but I couldn't figure out how to save the image to its specifications.
I also have laundry, grocery shopping and a bit of house work to catch up on. It is nice to be back home with things to do. I am looking forward to the coming week with lots of ideas and time to experiment with some of my new goodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.