Yesterday I worked on the special order for a friend. She wanted dominoes with a school theme for her grandsons who just started pre-K and kindergarten this fall. The set of embellishments I had seen before was no longer available, but they had some crayons I thought I might be able to use. While I was there shopping I also picked up a few other embellishments and tried some new ideas for backgrounds.
I have never done any with pale backgrounds before, nor have I ever glued two together like I did with the owl and tree. I thought they were okay, but definitely not in my usual style.
I also got some little cars. I ended up taking them all apart to cut off the loop on the back, then gluing the parts back together. No matter how hard I try to get the loop cut even with the backing, there seems to always be just enough of a bump to keep them from laying flat on the domino. The glue I use works pretty well, but it is better if I don't have to rely on the tiny area that sticks out to hold the embellishment on. If there is a large surface glued down, the embellishment is permanently affixed, but the small area leaves a bit of wobble that can sometimes work loose. The penguins did not work well, but I thought they were cute.
Here are the promised photos of the finished rooms...
The picture is hanging too high on the wall, but there was already a nail with a hanger there and it is in a stud, so taking it out would leave a rather significant ding in the wall. Someday I will change it, but at least for now the wall isn't bare. We are really loving that lamp...
Here is what I did with the quilt my sister sent to me. I love the bright colors and the little spark it adds to the brown furniture.
My end of the closet. I cannot express how delightful this area feels now. There is still a bit of room for storage, should I happen to end up with more junk than I currently own...
Ornery's end of the closet. He already has the requisite amount of junk to fill his side. We will keep the off season shirts on the lower rack, then move them to the tall side when the seasons change.
This is the view you see when you come in from the garage. Turn left into the kitchen, turn right into the utility room. The picture isn't really what I want to keep there, but it needed something to break up all that red and was what I had on hand.
The new shelves are all lined with tiles and I have moved in a few things. I am not in much of a hurry to fill it up! I plan to find a curtain to hang in front of the shelves to help keep the lint mess down, as well as cover up the contents. It isn't very pretty, but certainly handy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.