Yesterday I made 50 Christmas cards. I am pretty sure that is some sort of a record for me. They are nothing to write home about, but they are cute for flat cards (as opposed to three dimensional which is my preference) and all have little trees cut out of map scraps stuck on in varying quantities and positions. No two cards are exactly the same, but they are similar in that they have one of two sentiments, "Joy to the world" and "Peace on earth" and all feature the aforementioned trees. Otherwise, the background papers are all different, and none of them are Christmas papers.
I lightened the burden in my scrap drawers a little by using pieces for the backgrounds, but I really do need to finish going through those to bring them down to a reasonable collection. I should make myself use only scraps until I can fit them into a small box. If I did that, I am sure I would have some very interesting cards to show for my efforts. I got through one of the four drawers a few weeks ago, tossing pieces I didn't care for and punching shapes out of the pieces that were too small to be otherwise useful before throwing the rest away. I ended up with a number of tags and little flowers that I used for the ornament/cookie exchange and a much more manageable amount in the drawer. Unfortunately, it was one of the least populated, and I dread going through the big ones. It might be time for a different system.
I just want to mention here how much I am loving my new studio. It isn't as big as the other room, (by six inches one direction) but it feels a lot roomier for some reason. The closet is like a dream, and I have noticed about a hundred-fold increase in the frequency I access things in it. Actually, the access for everything seems easier in this space. It is good I like it because I am sure spending a lot of time there.
When Elizabeth came home from work we ventured out into rush hour traffic to pick up some envelopes for the cards, some fabric for Mimi, and some books on beading at Hobby Lobby. There were several other errands I needed to do, but as I said, it was rush hour...
Today I will mail Mimi's package and finish my errands--grocery shopping is the main one. It has really gotten cold so I tend to avoid going out if I can, but one does need to eat, and even if I decided to go on an extended fast, Ornery and Elizabeth might revolt if I don't stock up!
Thank you soooo much, TM. I know how you hate going out in traffic and how you love staying in your warm cottage... ;-) m-
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see them all!!! Sounds fabulous
Always fun to roam the halls of Zoe Miller kingdom. Have a fun day, xoxo mimi
ReplyDelete