Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend in Review: New Phase

The entire year 2011 has been run at a hectic pace--at least much faster than I prefer to live my life! I am declaring the year 2012 as the Year of Peace. No new big projects, a leisurely pace and a simple life. I know that I cannot predict all the things that may come, but I am going to make a sincere effort to do everything with no worries, no deadlines and no stress. We'll see how it goes!

It feels like the year is finally over since the cookie and ornament exchange have now been cleared from my calendar. The whole event from the beginning planning stages all the way till the end was a headache without a cure. I had fun making things, but I have enough other reasons to craft without going through that again. If I start making noises about hosting (or participating) again, Ornery has been given permission to put duct tape over my mouth so I can't agree to anything!  The event has run its course for me, and I am ready to try something different next year.

The weekend has been spent in quiet pursuits. We have gone to bed early, slept in and done quiet tasks.  Ornery has been working on the website for Grace and Righteousness Ministries, Elizabeth brought in the last of her clothes and things from her car, did some laundry and spent time on her computer, and I lined the new shelves in the utility room and moved a bunch of stuff from the pantry to their new homes.  Then I organized my hanging clothes which had just been put in helter-skelter after the renovation and did the laundry, filed all the papers and receipts that had piled up and planned out the coming week. Nothing was done with vigor, but I feel good about heading into the new week.

I got a special order for two dominoes at the exchange, so I will need to go buy some parts in the morning, then I have some cooking and a little crafting to do. Otherwise, I am going to lay low and regroup.  Ornery and Elizabeth go back to work in the morning after having little "vacations"-- if you can call all the work Ornery did and Elizabeth's move vacations!  He was off eleven days, she was off three and a half. She is taking all the cookies she got from the exchange to work to share with her co-workers in the morning.

Three more weeks until Christmas and four left before the new year. I am ready for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.