Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend in Review: All Caught Up

I told Ornery this afternoon (Sunday) that I felt like I have finally returned to the land of the living.  The last several months have been challenging with my eyes, back and more recently the flu.  We have finally found the solution for my eyes, and I can see perfectly with my glasses on now, and better than ever with them off. (which is not to say very well, but still improved over the past) Ornery has been giving me a back massage every morning, and that has improved my mobility considerably, as well.  Between the two improvements, I feel like a new woman!

Saturday we took a day of rest.  Naps, quiet pursuits, (I worked my new puzzle) and a nice little lunch with Michael and Elizabeth to celebrate my birthday were the order for the day.  I got a bit of laundry done and some of our stuff put away from the trip, but mostly we just relaxed.

Sunday we went grocery shopping to restock the pantry and refrigerator.  We started at Reasor's, then went to Panera for some breakfast and over to a new store near our old house called Fresh Market.  It was a lot like Whole Foods, only smaller, and I think a little cheaper, although I don't have a good handle on what prices are for most things.  They seemed to have a lot of things on sale, so that was nice.  The best thing about the store was the fact that there were hardly any people there.  Shopping at Whole Foods is like skating in a roller derby!

After we finished there, we stopped by Sam's Club for the last few things we needed.  In all, we spent a lot of money, but we have a LOT of food in the house.  I made menu plans and have some good ideas for meals this week and beyond. We came home and put everything away, then I worked another puzzle while Ornery took a nap and did some reading.

It's hard to believe we are already almost through another month.  February flew by for me since we were gone for 1/2 of it.  This week we will go pick up my new glasses, take our stuff to the accountant for taxes, and send off several birthday cards.  I will also be doing some cooking and hopefully some cleaning, then I will go to the studio to play with some of my new goodies purchased on our trip. It is sure good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.