Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

What I did over Thanksgiving Break: Day 1

It's been almost a week since I posted, and it has been a busy week getting Elizabeth moved out and married off.  She and Michael tied the knot yesterday in Eureka Springs, AR at Magnetic Springs Park.  They spent Thursday and Friday nights at a B&B, and returned today, tired but very blessed by the relaxing and fun time they had there.

Today was Ornery's first day of a week long vacation.  I am going to try to recap all we do this week, as I know it is sure to be fascinating reading! HA!!

Despite the fact that we had nowhere to go and all day to get there, we woke at 4:30, raring to go.  We went to Panera for breakfast at 6:00, something we haven't done in about a month or more, then came back home to charge my phone and get some measurements. Ornery went up into the attic and got down all the Christmas trees while we were here, too.

Then we went to Lowe's to pick up some molding to make a frame for the bathroom mirror.  We also bought some light bulbs to replace one burned out in the kitchen--but got the wrong size, which Ornery discovered after climbing up there with the ladder to change it out.

Next Ornery moved the sauna from our room into the guest room which I had completely emptied on Friday.  It comes apart in about 8 pieces, and while it isn't really that difficult to do, it did take some time.

Next up was beginning the work on the hall bathroom.  We took down all the fixtures and doors, bagged up all the remaining stuff Elizabeth had left behind, removed the baseboards and painted the ceiling white.

I spent a little time with my new slide to digital converter and took care of about 100 to 150 slides.  Then, after dinner, we worked out in the garage: Ornery cut with his scroll saw, and I sanded both by hand and with my new Dremel tool outfitted with a sanding flap. Cool stuff!

Elizabeth called to report about their trip and let me know she would be coming for her car tomorrow.  The Realtor called to let us know we had a counter offer on a house we bid on last week.  The mail brought a delightful photograph of our little grandson -- his first one from pre-school.  He looks so grown up!

Stay tuned for more updates!  Lots happening around here these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.