Saturday:
- Ornery finished the last of the painting. Bam.
- We moved most of the rest of Elizabeth's stuff to Michael's house. Only a few days until they are married!
- I completed a special order for 14 dominoes for a repeat customer. Unfortunately, I ended up having to rework them a bit since the backs of the embellishments weren't smooth enough.
- Elizabeth and I finished a shawl she had been working on for Ornery's sister.
- Ornery took photos of the two shawls.
Sunday:
- Ornery bought me a Dremel Tool and a new pair of nippers. Between the two tools I managed to get the backs of the little gingerbread men smooth enough for them to stick on the dominoes.
- I wrapped up a shawl for Michael's mom
- I wrapped and boxed up the special order including a gorgeous special domino I made as a gift for the buyer.
- Ornery worked more on ornaments. He is currently working on a piece of ebony and ivory. It is hard but it is very pretty.
Monday my friend Nita is coming over with her rotary cutting tool to help me cut some pieces for Elizabeth and Michael's stockings. My goal is to get the sewing projects done and all the stuff put way by the weekend because the following week we will be redecorating the guest bathroom and replacing the flooring in there. That is the week of Thanksgiving and Ornery has the whole week off. Of course that is also time to decorate for the holidays, so life is going to get pretty busy for a little while!
We hope to hear this week if our counter-offer was accepted by the bank on a sweet little house about a mile and a half from Zoe Cottage. If it was, and if we can close by mid December, while Ornery is off over the holidays we will be practically living over there to get it ready to rent. It all needs paint, but additionally we will have to do some tile work in the bathrooms and possibly replace some sheet-rock in the Master bath as there is some pretty nasty looking mold on the wall and ceiling near the window. We are excited about the possibilities and hope it is really as nice of a place as we think.
The tree in the back yard emptied of all its leaves this weekend. The wind was very typical of what people think of when they think of the plains -- strong and gusty. Sunday morning we had a delightful rain, but it is plunging the temperatures into the low 30's tonight and even lower tomorrow night. I guess we are done with summer finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.