Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Weekend in Review: End of Vacation

Ornery goes back to work tomorrow.  Bummer!

We sure got a lot accomplished this week, though.  Yesterday Elizabeth and Michael came over and she finished lighting the trees and I decorated them and cleaned up the mess in both the library and the living room.  I added a few touches to a pre-lighted wreath and hung it on the door, but I still need to rig the plug and a timer so it will go on at dusk and off at bedtime.  Ornery worked quite a bit on the bathroom.

Today I did a bunch of housework while he worked some more on the floor in the bathroom.  The toilet/tub area has tile down all the way just past the door into the sink area.  The carpet for both doors has been trimmed and the last of the patch work is drying on the areas where he removed the last little pieces of tack strip.  Tomorrow he should be able to finish the patches then lay more vinyl on Tuesday night.  I figure the rest of the project will take at least all of this coming week.

Once the flooring is down we will have to put the room all back together, re-setting the toilet, hanging up a new curved shower curtain bar, installing the mirror frame, putting back the baseboards,  re-hanging the towel and toilet paper bars, and changing out the shower head to a wand model with a filter built in. I decided to use the old mats and seat cover as well as the old towels as they don't really clash and it seems a waste to buy new when the old will work fine.

This week, other than working on the bathroom in the evenings, I hope to get the mirror frame painted and my Christmas letter written, copied and put in the cards.  I have the cards all addressed and stamped, so putting the letters in will be the last step before mailing.  Hopefully I will have them in the mail next Saturday.

I have a big mess in the dining room of all the fabric and pattern pieces for Elizabeth and Michael's tree skirt and stockings.  I really hope to have that all done by Christmas, although it would not surprise me if it isn't... There are a few other little fun projects I have in mind, so no telling what I will get up to this week!

The house is as decorated as it will get, and cleaner than it has been in quite a while.  Overall, I think I am headed into a new week looking pretty good!

The little tree in the library has all sorts of transportation ornaments--airplanes, bicycles, cars, motorcycles and a helicopter. We need to flesh this collection out a little more, but it is really cute in here!

The new arrangement of the living room to accommodate the Christmas tree.  It sure feels bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.