Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend in Review: Daylight Saving Time

Daylight Saving Time always messes with my sleep pattern, but it comes around twice a year whether I like it or not, so I guess I should be used to it after all these years.  At any rate, Sunday seems to be eternally long and I am SOOOO tired!

We have had a busy weekend.  Friday's errand run took care of a lot of stuff on the to-do list, and motivated much of the activity for the weekend.  Ornery bought a knife sharpening kit and variable speed grinder on which to use it, then spent a couple/few hours sharpening every pair of scissors and knife in the house.  He cut himself on the grinder, I cut myself on a pair of scissors--par for the course, I suppose.

He also mowed then put down some winterizing weed/feed fertilizer on the lawn, replaced some burned out light bulbs and dirty air conditioner filters, and did a little scroll saw work on some ornaments.  He put the first coat of paint on the shutters and front storm door, and now only lacks a second coat on both those areas and the back door to finish up the exterior painting.  It looks fabulous so far!

I read through old recipe books and made some menu plans, and followed him around like a lost puppy on Saturday. :)  I also did a bit of Christmas shopping online and did my part to help the economy. I got the kitchen spiffed up and ready for a cooking marathon which took place Sunday.  I wrote a newsy letter to Ornery's brother, and caught up on Facebook.  Ornery was certainly more productive than I was, but we both felt good about the weekend's work. I was especially grateful for all his help in the kitchen with clean up and various chopping jobs.  He is pretty handy!

It was a nice added blessing to have Ornery off Friday afternoon, and he is also off for Election Day on Tuesday--a company wide holiday.  In addition, he will be off the whole week of Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't really call it a vacation since we will be tackling the guest bathroom, replacing the carpet with the flooring we have in our bathroom, painting, switching out light fixtures and shower heads, and adding some new decor. Hopefully it will be done before Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.