Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend in Review: Lazy Days of Summer

Could it be? I haven't posted in a whole week???  This must be some sort of a record!

We are in the midst of another wicked heat wave, and we have been pretty lazy as a result. My plants are burning up, leaves are turning crispy--with or without water.   I have put off going out thinking surely it would cool off, but so far no luck with that.


Saturday I fixed a late breakfast at home since we all slept until after 7:00, then we all trooped over to Whole Foods for the first time in many months to get a few things--of course that is always much more expensive than one plans for...  We brought home our few (expensive) bags of goods and Ornery and I took a nap--Elizabeth left to hang out with Michael.  

After eating such a late breakfast, Ornery and I had lunch/dinner at 3:00 but with the heat so bad, my appetite has shrunk quite a bit. One would think with eating less I would be losing weight, but that has not been the case.  Then he took care of a few chores around the house, like changing out the air conditioner filters.  The air has been on so much that the filters were as dirty as if they hadn't been changed in several months when in actuality it has only been about four weeks.

With the house clean, laundry caught up, food in the freezer and it being too hot to do much outside, we have had some nice leisurely visits and spent some quiet time reading.

Sunday Ryan called as we were getting ready to go to Panera, so we had a late breakfast.  It was nice to catch up with him, and we are excited that he is just about a month away from returning to the states from his deployment.  We sat at Panera chatting for over two hours, and one of the things we discussed was getting all our important papers situated in case anything was to happen to both of us.  We came home and started working on that.  One thing generally leads to another with those types of things, and we cleared out a bunch of stuff from our two file cabinets.
 We ended up with quite a mess on the floor of the library!  Ornery found some ancient things in some of the files in his cabinet, including this O-L-D floppy disc.

The photo quality isn't great but you can see how big it is on the file folder. I got a good chuckle out of that, but when he unearthed some software he had written in 1982 I just rolled my eyes.  He is a bit of a pack-rat but I usually keep him on the straight and narrow when it comes to that sort of thing.  There were quite a few things for a MacIntosh, which we haven't had for nearly 20 years.  It was a fun little adventure.  We didn't really get everything done that we needed to, but enough that I don't feel like our kids would be totally at sea should we both perish at the same time.

That was pretty much our whole weekend.  We just lazed it away!  Next weekend Ornery leaves for Tacoma with his sister.  THAT should be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.