Saturday:
Ornery and I slept in--of course sleeping in to us is 6:00 AM, but still an extra two hours of sleep was nice! We had coffee on the patio, grateful for the ceiling fan since there was not a hint of a breeze and the humidity was as high as the temperature. It sprinkled here and there, but never enough to soak in since it was so hot.
We dallied over our coffee until 9:00, then took a shower and went to Panera for breakfast and a planning session. A few years ago we were really hyped up over Success Magazine and the idea of becoming entrepreneurs. About the time we really got excited, Ornery had that awful liver infection, then we moved and took a year to make Zoe Cottage like we wanted it. We are finally getting back in the saddle, so to speak, and have been discussing some goals and ideas for having our own business.
After breakfast he drove over to his mom's house to check out her dryer (which turned out to have nothing wrong with it) and I took a quick nap, then did some writing. Theoretically it should have cooled down a bit by 6:00 PM so we made a trip to Sam's Club for some groceries. The goal was to avoid a lot of the people, and in that we were successful.
Sunday:
We got out and about early with a stop at Lowe's for dirt and a few more landscape timbers, then Ornery dropped me by the grocery store and I shopped while he ran home and unloaded. He arrived to pick me up just as I was finishing my list. Next he took his miter saw to the back yard and cut the timbers for a second course along the back of the new flower bed. The grass and weeds are dead now, so we can proceed with filling it with dirt and the contents of the mulch bucket that has been stewing for several months. It ought to be rather "fragrant" at the bottom.
Elizabeth arrived home from her week vacation at about 3:30 and we caught up on her news. She enrolled in Calculus II for the fall semester and got things ready for returning back to work.
Ornery leaves tomorrow for another trip to West Palm Beach. Hopefully he won't have the same travel woes as he did last time. When he returns home he will have to give a deposition on a court case that involves his mom's property (thus his inheritance) then he and Janese will leave for Washington at the end of the month to bring their brother's car and some of his belongings back to store at her house until he gets out of jail.
This week I am in full cooking mode with several meals already in the works for the freezer. I love having it full of meals I can pull out and reheat quickly. Once I get it all fixed I shouldn't have to cook again for a month!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.