Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend in Review: Missing Ornery

Elizabeth and I spent a lot of time together over the weekend, which was thoughtful on her part, since Ornery is still in Florida.  We went to some garage sales and ran several errands Saturday morning, then she went to the park with Michael and gathered ticks.  I am not sure that was her intent, but Sunday morning when she showered, she either pulled off or dislodged nine of the little pests.

She started another shawl on the big loom, and spent a few hours on it Saturday and Sunday.  She went to dinner at Michael's parents then they went over to a friend's new house to check out his furniture and visit Sunday evening.  The neighbor came over and mowed the yard Saturday afternoon once it was finally dry enough.  He is about the age Ryan was when he started mowing lawns for pay, and I hope to keep him somewhat gainfully employed here and there throughout the summer either mowing or helping with other yard jobs.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night it rained--Sunday was rather fierce with lots of wind and lightning which made it hard to sleep and both Elizabeth and I had a hard time getting up Monday morning.  I was out of the house by 7:00--first to breakfast at Panera, then to several errands (Post office, bank, health food store, Dr. G for vitamins, then grocery shopping) that finally ended at 11:00.

I had cleaned and set up the apparatus to mix up some more of the garden tea this morning, but since we have had so much rain, I figured I would wait until Tuesday and feed on Wednesday.  Everything is quite saturated and I don't want to drown the plants!  The peppers and tomatoes are all doing great, and I am excited about that.  With all the rain, the asparagus should start peeping through in a few days.

Ornery is still doing well in W Palm Beach.  He finally found Panera and a Chiptole and is quite pleased with himself.  He says right now it looks like the trip will extend through next Monday, but he could make a lot of progress today and decide staying longer won't be necessary.  We miss him.

Elizabeth is off tomorrow to take care of several items of business, so I will have company with her most of the day.  Wednesday I hope to do some cooking. I don't seem to be running out of things to keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.