Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weekend in Review: Finished projects

Ornery arrived home late Thursday night and we slept in a little Friday.  We both spent the day very quietly, visiting, napping, eating, and visiting some more.  Neither of us really felt like doing much, so we didn't.  He took some time off -- Friday through Tuesday -- so he could catch up on sleep and things at home.

Saturday Ornery went to work on the planes, Elizabeth stayed home to work on the shawl, then went to a movie with Michael and I worked on the table top and gardening.

The shawl almost finished, but once she got it off the loom she realized there were several skips, so she is going to make another one like it for the original recipient.

I used the same paint on the top that I used on the rest of the table, then used some of my Silks acrylic paints with a stencil of ginko leaves. I was very pleased with the outcome.



Saturday evening, Michael joined us and we all went over to Ornery's sister's house to celebrate his mom's birthday.

Sunday morning, Ornery and I decided to make a trip to IKEA in Dallas for some storage fixtures for the studio and Man Cave. Then he attached the top to the table.


Elizabeth and Ornery went to the Flight Safety family picnic Sunday afternoon.

Monday morning we got up bright and early and drove to Dallas.  We arrived at IKEA at about 11:00 and spent about 2 hours in the store, then drove back home.  We got everything we went for, so I guess that was a good thing.  We stopped by a farmer's market on the way into town and found some great summer produce, but we were pretty tired by the time we arrived home, and ended up just going to bed right after dinner.

Tuesday we spent the day building the stuff we bought.  Three storage carts and one work bench later, the garage and studio are both trashed.  Tuesday evening, we had Michael and another friend for dinner and visiting.  I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt by the end of the evening.

I'll post photos once we get our purchases in place.  The Man Cave looks like a poorly run pawn shop at the moment with tables and tools and stuff scattered all over while we re-organize and incorporate the new work bench/island in the mix.  Ornery is so excited to have another work surface and I am happy with the new changes being made.

Today I will work with some of the veggies I bought Monday, and possibly some outside and in the garage.  My back isn't altogether happy with all the extra activity, but between the occasional ice pack and regular doses of Ibuprophen I am making it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your table top and the vista of your patio, with all the container plants flourishing and all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.