Saturday I took care of some neglected computer work and Ornery worked on my table--or whatever we are calling it. I suppose it is a couch table in fact, but whatever it is, he worked on it. :) It is going to be lovely! He used plywood for the material instead of the MDF the plans recommended, and we bought some veneer for the edge and a little iron to apply it with. It was basically finished Saturday night except for filling about a million nail holes and the rest of the finish work.
Sunday we woke up really early--about 3:30. Instead of just staying there, we got up, had coffee and showers, then went to work on the table again. At 8:00 AM, this is what it looked like.
Sunday we woke up really early--about 3:30. Instead of just staying there, we got up, had coffee and showers, then went to work on the table again. At 8:00 AM, this is what it looked like.
The original plan had the same four divisions on the top and no backing at all. I like the idea of having a back on the lower shelves, and due to an error in measurements the top shelf ended up being smaller than it was supposed to be. To compensate, we decided to have just one divider in the middle allowing for more usable space. It seems like the smaller the area, the more limiting it is for storage options.
By the end of the weekend, all the holes and cracks were patched and filled and a coat of primer had been applied. Hopefully we can finish it off this week and get my puzzles moved in. They are starting to overtake the living room.
My eyes were significantly improved by Sunday, but I am still seeing a lot of blurry images (which makes most every task twice as difficult as it should be.) I am hopeful that by next Monday I can see well enough to go back to the doctor and get some new glasses, which should help the blurriness, I hope. Ornery still has a lingering cough that he can't seem to shake, so he is off to see the chiropractor this morning for a "tune-up." We have a trip to Florida coming up and I would hate for him to not be at the top of his game, so to speak!
By the end of the weekend, all the holes and cracks were patched and filled and a coat of primer had been applied. Hopefully we can finish it off this week and get my puzzles moved in. They are starting to overtake the living room.
My eyes were significantly improved by Sunday, but I am still seeing a lot of blurry images (which makes most every task twice as difficult as it should be.) I am hopeful that by next Monday I can see well enough to go back to the doctor and get some new glasses, which should help the blurriness, I hope. Ornery still has a lingering cough that he can't seem to shake, so he is off to see the chiropractor this morning for a "tune-up." We have a trip to Florida coming up and I would hate for him to not be at the top of his game, so to speak!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.