Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend in Review: Catching up

Here are a few of the things we did this weekend--some of them had been on the to-do list for a while...

  • The bar stools that were to be my Christmas present ended up being discontinued; both the body and the fabric.  We found this out on Friday afternoon, so after work, Ornery and I went over and picked three from the floor--they don't match but I still like them all so it's all good.  We bought the one we saw as the model for those we ordered, and two others.  We originally only ordered two, but since these were all 1/2 price, we ended up paying less for the three than we would have had to for the two. Nice!  AND we didn't have to wait!
  • Ornery hung the shades on the pergola outside to block the view and the lights from the neighbors. There were bamboo-like shades there when we moved in, but they were rotten and looked pretty bad.  These are plastic and don't actually fit the space as well, but hopefully they will help alleviate the problem.
  • He also replaced our shower head because I apparently man-handled it a little too forcefully and disassociated the head with the hose. Oops.
  • We delivered the chairs back to Ornery's mom and she insisted on taking us out to celebrate Ornery's birthday (which was on the 30th of December).  We went to the Rib Crib near her house.
  • We got everything on our Target list--mostly cleaning supplies we were running low on, plus some we didn't have, like oven cleaner.  Yuck.  The poor oven is looking rather road weary... This is the first time in many, many years that I have not had a self-cleaning oven. 
  • Using Ornery's computer, I logged into the iTunes store and used the $25.00 gift card I had been given for Christmas. My computer refuses to shop the iTunes store, and now that I have compared prices with Amazon, I am pretty sure I am happy to use that source instead anyway!  There is no savings on iTunes with albums, whereas you save a couple dollars on Amazon if you buy the whole album. 
  • Ornery backed up our computers and helped me upload his Bon Jovi Greatest Hits CD.  I have about worn it out on the big stereo, but it will be nice to have those songs mixed in on my playlists. 
  • I created a few new playlists for my iPod.  I really use that thing a lot, especially in the studio, but also a lot at night. I am still trying to figure out the new iTunes and how it all works.  Shuffle does not always really shuffle...
  • Ornery finally connected with a guy from Craigslist to purchase a brand new DADO blade set.  The set I was looking at was $189.00.  This one was $25.00.  I figure no more than he will likely use it, this one will be fine.  He had been looking at the ad for about a month.  Not sure why he waited so long.
  • I got another puzzle out and worked it, and ordered four more from Amazon.  
  • I had finished all but four birthday cards by the time I had to quit on Sunday afternoon.  I would have only had three left, but as I was going through them I looked at one and decided it was sub-par and would have to go in the trash. So, back to the drawing board for that one.
  • Ornery went grocery shopping and I fixed lunch and prepared a casserole for later in the week.  I cleaned the kitchen up and put down our two new rugs--purchases from our Target run.  They were our only impulse buy (as in not on the list) so I think we did pretty well!
There wasn't really anything very exciting that happened, but after the hectic few days we had at the end of the holidays I was glad for the quiet.  I think it will be that way for a little while, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.