- breathing (wheezing) like Darth Vader
- headache resembling the pressure just prior to the Death Star exploding
- brain function similar to R2D2 after his circuits got fried
- voice and appearance similar to a Wookie (not my best sound or look!)
- chills that rattled my teeth like the x-wing fighter pilots upon receiving an enemy hit
- hot flashes like the heat from the Death Star AFTER it exploded
It has not been my best week.
On the bright side, my son-in-law found a fun cartoon puzzle for me last weekend and I worked it. Then the next day my Amazon order of 4 more puzzles arrived, so I am pretty well puzzled out for a while. I worked all but one, which to my dismay actually had 1000 pieces instead of my preferred 500. I slept a great deal, and am feeling quite a bit better, although there is still residual drainage and coughing. I sound better for sure!
Ornery decided it looked so fun he ought to join in, so Friday night was pretty rough for him, Saturday and Sunday didn't prove much better. We have done every single natural remedy we could come up with, and we seem to be slowly getting over it.
Considering our lack of energy it was surprising we got anything at all done, but Ornery set up a spreadsheet for me to enter my tax data into so I got that done except for the mileage which I will have to back track to figure.
I didn't really do a lot with the shop this year but I had a fairly profitable year for a hobby. I should probably just make the little yardstick airplanes and sell those as they seem to be my most popular item. It seems like the cost of doing business pretty much cancels out any profit, though. PayPal, Etsy and shipping fees take a pretty big chunk out of the already narrow margin. It is hard to stay competitive and make a profit, and even more so if you consider your time worth anything at all.
I also redesigned my business cards and shipping label for the new year, and decided I will just print them out on my computer and cut them out as I need them. I don't use many, but I do at least need some with my new phone number on them and my website information for the few occasions I want to give one to someone. It is also a nice touch to put one in with each order that goes out.
This week I am working on gathering the rest of my receipts and statements for taxes. I don't think we will be getting a refund this year so I am not in a big hurry to get them done, but I do like to get things like that out of the way. Ornery has a trip or two coming up in the next few weeks and I can't make the appointment with the accountant until I know his schedule for sure, and of course we will have to wait for all the W-2's, 1099's and other official documents to come in. At least all the initial stuff will be done.
Once I get the house back in order after slacking for a week from sickness, I plan to work on some new journals and get a few new things up on my shop. I hope to have some stuff made for next weekend so Ornery can take photos for me. I actually have some stuff made but no photos, which is like not having it made as far as being able to sell it! It is time for Valentine's cards and I have some fun paper to make them with and I am toying with the idea of using some of my twinks on a few of them--sparkly love happiness!
I didn't really do a lot with the shop this year but I had a fairly profitable year for a hobby. I should probably just make the little yardstick airplanes and sell those as they seem to be my most popular item. It seems like the cost of doing business pretty much cancels out any profit, though. PayPal, Etsy and shipping fees take a pretty big chunk out of the already narrow margin. It is hard to stay competitive and make a profit, and even more so if you consider your time worth anything at all.
I also redesigned my business cards and shipping label for the new year, and decided I will just print them out on my computer and cut them out as I need them. I don't use many, but I do at least need some with my new phone number on them and my website information for the few occasions I want to give one to someone. It is also a nice touch to put one in with each order that goes out.
This week I am working on gathering the rest of my receipts and statements for taxes. I don't think we will be getting a refund this year so I am not in a big hurry to get them done, but I do like to get things like that out of the way. Ornery has a trip or two coming up in the next few weeks and I can't make the appointment with the accountant until I know his schedule for sure, and of course we will have to wait for all the W-2's, 1099's and other official documents to come in. At least all the initial stuff will be done.
Once I get the house back in order after slacking for a week from sickness, I plan to work on some new journals and get a few new things up on my shop. I hope to have some stuff made for next weekend so Ornery can take photos for me. I actually have some stuff made but no photos, which is like not having it made as far as being able to sell it! It is time for Valentine's cards and I have some fun paper to make them with and I am toying with the idea of using some of my twinks on a few of them--sparkly love happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.