Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Art, Paint and Plates

I have been in the studio quite a bit over the last week or so.  I started on a second attempt at a picture for Elizabeth and Michael several days ago and finally finished it to my liking yesterday.
I have having a really difficult time photographing anything that looks like the thing I see, and this was no different.  The description of the process will be on my design blog soon.

When I finished with it, I was still in a crafty mood, so I got out all my Christmas papers and supplies...


and proceeded to trash the room.  I did make some progress, however.  I printed out a slew of text boxes for card fronts and then cut them out, and printed some additional card backs with a new logo on the back, if one could call it a logo.  I didn't like Zoe Cottage for a company name, and I am tired of Miller Manor Designs as well as the fact that the new logo changes made it virtually disappear on the card, so I went with Cards by tm.  It still has my MMD etsy address, and I will still use that as the actual shop name, but the cards haven't really sold online, so I am just making them for family and myself.

Here is the first batch of Christmas cards.

Meanwhile, Ornery has been painting the house every chance he gets.  We had company last night, and the night before he was busy helping Elizabeth with her homework, but he has made quite a bit of progress.  Here is the front door and the front of the house so far.

 We still need to paint the rim of the storm door the same red as the door, and the rest will be the dark brown like on the rest of the house.  I guess I really should hunt down the name of the color, huh?
Here is the front of the house.  You can see what color it was by looking at the dormer and the eave on the far left, doesn't that dark brown dress it up?

The only other news I have is that I have ordered some new dishes from Crate and Barrel.  I am quite excited!  This is the dinner plate...
I was notified today that they have shipped--can't wait to see them in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.