Life seems to be moving pretty fast--it is hard to believe that i the State Fair and all our favorite craft shows are just a couple weeks away. This week and weekend we have been painting--walls and otherwise.
Friday I got my sketch book out and tried to copy a picture I had found on Pinterest. It wasn't that the picture was all that splendid as much as I just wanted to see if I could generate a similar look and feel with my twinks. I don't know how those master artists could stand to work on one piece for so many years. I simply do not have that kind of patience! I am continually frustrated by my lack of drawing skill, but I have to say that I did a pretty good job and since it was just a practice exercise, I was pleased with the results.
Saturday I hung out on the couch under a blanket with my Nook as I was not feeling well. The weather turned (temporarily) fairly cool overnight and while Ornery worked out in the garage on the chest he is making for Elizabeth and later on the lawn, I mostly just huddled on the couch trying to stay warm. The wind was ferocious and sort of "relocated" part of our back fence. Ornery had to move it almost a foot to align it with the rest of the fence and attach it back to the posts.
While we were at home, Elizabeth and Michael were over at his place painting. They got the ceiling in the master bedroom painted gray and the last of the walls finished off. Sunday morning, Ornery and I took Elizabeth over early and we finished off the cut-work in the hall and took care of a closet door problem. Around noon, Ornery and I came home and they finished the first coat of all the trim work around the ceiling in the bedroom. It is almost done! Then they bought a couch, picked up a refrigerator and are meeting us at Ornery's sister's house to pick up a washer and dryer from the stuff brought back from Washington last month.
The house still needs some more work, but there are newly hung numbers on the front of it now, and the bulk of the really necessary painting has been finished. We moved a bit more of Elizabeth's furniture over there today and our house is looking a bit roomier as a result.
We have plans to look at a few more houses with a new Realtor either Monday or Tuesday evening, and another evening this week Elizabeth and I will go check out a friend's new home to see what sorts of decorating ideas we can come up with. Ornery is bidding a couple of painting jobs to see if we can generate some extra house-shopping money, and who knows what other mischief we will be up to in the coming days?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.