Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend in Review: Fall!

Saturday marked the beginning of autumn, and at least the morning temperatures have been agreeable to the seasonal change.  The afternoons have trended a bit warm, but overall, the days have been pleasant with geese flying overhead honking and squawking as though they had somewhere very important to be.

We enjoyed coffee on the patio under blankets, starting well before daylight and finishing a couple hours later.  We discussed family, household chores, and a number of other topics--mostly inconsequential--and laughed a good deal.  I love starting out my day with a smile. :)  We all adjourned to the kitchen to work together preparing breakfast--well, Ornery was mostly just in the way as he got things ready for tomorrow's coffee and such, but we like him in there with us, so we didn't complain.  I fixed hash-blacks which would have been hash-browns except I had the burner on too high and forgot to turn them.  They still went down fine, and we all joked about the health benefits of carbon and so forth.

Ornery had quite a list planned out for his day including putting Round-up down on the front flower bed to ready it for our big landscaping redo, building a new pan rack for my kitchen since I gave Michael mine, a trip to the auto shop to reset the check engine light in Big Red, and more painting on the outside of the house.  The pan rack is a different style than the one that made me cuss every time I got a pan out I got rid of.  Hopefully it will be a little less frustrating to use.

Elizabeth spent the day at Michael's house painting.  She painted the coffee table and helped him get things ready to move on Sunday.

I made a housewarming card for Ryan and Ale, who closed on their first house Thursday. Then I watched YouTube videos on Facebook pages and otherwise lazed the day away--watching Ornery paint and the neighbor power wash his driveway, fence, and anything else that wasn't nailed down.

Sunday Elizabeth left fairly early to go back over to help Michael move.  Each load they completely put away so there is no mess even though not all his stuff made it over there yet.  I prepared food for company thinking we would be hosting a planning meeting for a family reunion with Ornery's sister and a cousin who lives in town, but it turned out just to me Janese and Monty for dinner and no planning.  We had a nice visit and dined high on the hog--so to speak.  Ornery got the entire first coat of paint on the section above the garage door and all the cut work done.  He will roll on another coat then move on to the next section--soffits and gutters.  The pan rack actually ended up taking part of the day since he had bought the wrong size and had to return the first one.  I like the new set up much better than the old, although the bottom rack is a little sticky.

After all the cooking I did earlier in the day, I didn't feel like cleaning up the mess Sunday night, so there was a colossal mess awaiting me in the kitchen this morning.  That is pretty much all I got done all morning, in fact.  I did start on another painting, but stopped to finish this post and do a couple other things on line.  Now I am headed for a nap since the night was way too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.