Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend in Review: Mostly Productive

The studio table continues to sport an interesting conglomeration of tools and supplies, and the pile of completed Christmas cards has grown to 28 members.  I have not made a single card with traditional Christmas colors, and I love each and every one!  In addition to the card making that took place over the weekend, we managed to get quite a bit accomplished.

Saturday morning after breakfast Ornery and I went grocery shopping while Elizabeth went to Michael's house to fix him breakfast and get them started on a long list of "to do" items.  They both came over around noon and we had lunch, then took the plant bench and antique cupboard over there in two separate trips.  Before the second trip we stopped at Lowe's and bought them some rugs and a peep-hole for their new metal front door.  Then Ornery helped Michael hang up curtain rods in the master bedroom.  That took all afternoon.  When we left there to come home, it was pouring rain so the exterior painting that Ornery had planned on doing didn't get done.

Sunday morning once again Elizabeth left early for Michael's house since he had to work in the afternoon at his job, so Ornery and I spent some time on the patio, which led to some clean up out there.  We put down three bags of cotton seed hulls on the two back flower beds and did a bit more work out there.  The lawn was still very wet from Saturday's rain, so he didn't mow the lawn, which is really quite happy from all the moisture we have had over the last couple of weeks.

Elizabeth came home around noon and we had Reuben sandwiches, then she set off to her room to do homework, and I spent a couple hours on the phone; first in a planning meeting for a Miller family reunion, then to my sister Mimi who just returned from a trip to visit and help my other sister do some rather extensive home renovations.  We caught up on almost a month's worth of news!

Meanwhile, Ornery worked on the shoe chest he is building for Elizabeth.  This day's project was building the doors from molding and thin plywood.  He bought a frame clamp and was quite pleased with himself by the time he was done for the day.  Later he helped Elizabeth with her computer program for class and finally at 7:00 we sat down to quesadillas and fresh guacamole with Michael who had just finished at work.

Hopefully we will get a little break from the rain for a while so Ornery can get back out there to work on the house.  I know he had hoped to get the front finished over the weekend but that didn't happen at all!

I had wanted to get a good bit of cooking done, which also didn't happen, so I am headed for the kitchen as soon as I post this to see if I can't get a few meals in the freezer.  When I take breaks I will be continuing with the card making project.  My goal is to use up all the scraps of Christmas paper I have accumulated, but I figure I could probably make about 100 cards just from the scraps.  I don't know if I really need to make 100 Christmas cards this year, but I am making several for both kids to send out and then however many I need for us, so by the time it is all said and done, maybe I will need 100!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.