Ooh, la, la! What a busy and productive week and weekend we have had! I seem to have hit pay dirt with the energy this week, and got all kinds of things accomplished! I got all 45 of my Christmas cards made, spent quite a bit of time cooking to stock the freezer, and got a fair amount of laundry done!
Ornery has been working a bit of overtime, which has meant that he hasn't been able to paint the exterior much lately, and Saturday was forecast to have rain, so we ran some errands instead. We bought a marker board for the little wall between the utility room and the kitchen. We went to Woodcraft and made a return then picked up some wood for scrolled ornaments, and we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up several things on my list... and a few that were not. We spent the rest of the day reading or computer tasking. I also worked a little bit on a card order for one of my sisters.
Sunday was absolutely beautiful weather, so Ornery (after playing for a while with his scroll saw on one of the wooden ornaments) painted outside all day. I grilled burgers for lunch, then finished my sister's unconventional Christmas cards. (I posted about them on my design blog although the pictures really do not do them justice!)
I have a rather extensive to-do list for my studio right now. I got a box of poppy seed pods in the mail last week from my other sister with the request that I make some things out of them and post about it for one of their web clients. No problem! I have a LONG list of ideas, now if I can just get them to turn out like I envision them! Here is a picture of the pods.
There are two sizes, but all of them seem to be much larger than I expected them to be. When I start working with them I will make several posts and take better photos.
Ornery cut out four yardstick airplanes for me to assemble, so I need to get those done and posted on my etsy shop. I also bought a large canvas to attempt a painting on, although I don't know about the logistics since it is way too big for my table and I don't have a large easel. I am sure I will figure something out. I still need to make the second painting for Elizabeth and Michael, and I have a set of basket/bowls Ornery cut out several months ago to finish. THEN there are the sewing projects! Stockings, tree skirt, pillows, etc. It seems like there just isn't enough time in the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.