Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Recipe shopping

Yesterday and today I have been in veg-mode. I asked Ornery's mom to come over yesterday and we worked a puzzle. I finished it this morning and then spent the rest of the day hunting for good recipes to include in my menu planning. I get in such a rut, and Ornery is even worse than I am about wanting the same things all the time.  Complicating things even further is the fact that there are only two of us, and while I enjoy cooking, I prefer to make enough for more than one meal at a time so I don't have to do it every single day.

One of the recommendations I saw on the RBTI group page was to include 100 different foods every week. The theory is that your body needs many different minerals and elements to produce all the enzymes it needs, so by giving it some of a wide variety it has more options to pull from if some of them are not available due to lack of absorption or whatever.  I am going to start a list of the foods we eat and see how close we can get to the 100 goal.

Today I printed recipes for

  • Crispy Southwest Chicken wraps
  • Parmesan Crumbed Asparagus
  • Outback's Bushman Bread
  • Chilled pasta with creamed avocado sauce
  • cheesy cauliflower pancakes
  • home made ranch dressing
  • PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • Broccoli Bites
  • Acorn Squash with Cranberry-cornbread Stuffing
  • Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
  • Peach Upside Down Cake
  • Brown Sugar Cookies
  • Whole grain pancakes with Blueberry Maple syrup
  • Twice Baked Butternut squash
Unfortunately, I just found the recipes on Pinterest and printed them instead of pinning them, so I don't have the links. Many were from ask.com, Martha Stewart, and all recipes. Some came from other blogs, but if you are interested in one in particular, I am happy to email it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.