I like that:
- I am logical, but intuitive
- I am attentive to details, but not obsessively so
- I can see the big picture, but I am not easily overwhelmed
- I work quickly, but don't worry when others around me are slow
- I learn best by doing, and I am not afraid to tackle new things
- I have lots of workable ideas, but I am not demanding that others accept them
- I am a clear communicator and a good listener
- I love to laugh and make people happy, and I am not above being silly to do so!
- I am not afraid of change
- I am generous
In today's world it seems like it is much more acceptable to flaunt your foibles than your finer attributes, but it is really impossible to love other people when you don't love yourself. Whatever we focus on, that is the thing we get more of in our lives, so it seems like a logical thing to look to the good we have within ourselves if that is what we wish to exhibit to others.
Ornery and I were talking this morning in our quiet time about how we were created to do good works in Christ, but that our work as believers is to love people as Christ loves them. I joked that sometimes it would be easier if we could clean church toilets (as our "good" works) than to love some people, but I think that is where grace comes in--it empowers us to see others through God's eyes.
When we grasp the depth and width of God's love for us, and really internalize our position because of that love, it is so much easier to overlook offenses, refuse to pass judgments and extend a generous affection to others, even those who don't return our regard. I am not there yet, but I think I am improving daily. Some days it is easier than others, but as I consistently focus on the positive in others and how much God loves them, and trust God's grace to empower me when I struggle, it gets easier. I look forward to the day when it is no longer a struggle, but such a part of who I am that loving others unconditionally will be automatic. I hope it is soon!
Hey,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out. Jilda reached 101 followers thanks to you.
I really appreciate it and she was tickled as well.
Very nice post .
I also like your new layout.