Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pictures from the Weekend

While I was out dead-heading the flowers this morning I discovered the cause of some of my plant woes--too much water and not enough drainage.  Hopefully I will get that remedied this evening with a little help from Ornery.  Meanwhile, at the request of Bushman, I took some photos of my peppers--hopefully to be able to identify them.  Also, I thought I would post a picture of Ornery's fence.  It wasn't quite done yet when I took it--he added cross-braces and hardware. It isn't perfect, but an astounding improvement!

 The fence Ornery built

 The first unidentified peppers...

The second unidentified peppers.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a Florida problem! Everyone thinks you can grow anything in Florida, but the sad truth is, only certain plants survive--because of the excess moisture. One day I'm going to get ambitious and start planing some of those hardy plants--but probably not until I'm done pruning the kiddos. It's a busy, busy life, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unidentified Peppers" - sounds like a great name for a new music group . . OR a Theater Troupe . . .
    YES!!! A new children's theater group . . .

    I enjoy visiting you . . .
    love & love,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're jalepenos? I love hot peppers. I've grown jalepenos before and that's what they looked like. Have Ornery take a big bite, and if he starts crying out his nose, then I'll bet I'm a winner. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are way too big for jalapenos, more the size of poblano, but they didn't get any of those for me. The smaller one is supposed to be flavored like a jalapeno but not quite as hot. I am pretty sure these must be the habaneros.
      tm

      Delete
  4. Lookin great!!! My dad used to get so stoked when the plants would start to fruit. He used to compete w/ my uncle. One time he bought some amazing tomatoes at the store and tied them onto his plants, as a goof before my uncle came up that night. He was shocked to see my dad's awesome tomatoes that early in the season. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fence. Adds fortification.... I just realized the word fort must come from that. I don't even have peppers yet.... just green leaves. Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bell pepper plant is just leaves, but when the kids brought these plants two of them already had peppers on them. It is really way too early here for peppers on the plants, but I am not complaining. :)
      tm

      Delete
  6. They are definatley not habeneros. I agree they do look like jalapenos.
    My jalapenos grow up to 4" long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't buy any jalapenos, so I don't think that could be it. Unfortunately, the names were on the pots (none of which I recognized) and I didn't plant them, so the only one I know for sure is the bell pepper because it was so small! Oh, well, I will be passing them on to Michael anyway. I just don't really cook with hot peppers much.
      tm

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.