Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Fabulous Friday!

That week sure did whiz by for me!

Yesterday I spent the whole day in the studio, although I ended up only making three cards.  I had a hard time connecting with my muse and the cards weren't turning out so hot, so rather than mess up a bunch of supplies, I opted to organize them instead!  It was a glorious day for my OCD tendencies to rise to the fore and have a hey-day!

I figure I have between 400 and 500 different kinds of ribbon between the four organizer boxes I have them stored in, and I also had six additional baskets filled with trim, three of them trim on spools.  So, I un-spooled several dozen types of ribbon and some lace and put them in color order inside the Art Bin boxes with the rest of their kin. Of course one wouldn't organize without using the label maker, right?  Well, by adding another Art Bin box to the set, I switched which colors were in a box and had to relabel them all.

The blue and green ribbon box.
One thing led to another, and all sorts of things went under the scrutiny of my OCD mind. It was a fun day. :)

I actually had planned to do laundry, but the city had another water line break less than a mile from here so we were on voluntary water rationing again, and then I decided to wait until all the yellow stuff cleared out of the supply lines so I wouldn't add a different color to our clothes.  That is the chore for today.

AND... the property manager called last night with news of two single girls and their dogs moving into 507 next week!  Woot!  There is still paperwork to sign and a few details to iron out, but it looks like this is a good match, and they love the house.  I don't even know them but I love them, too! :)

Happy Weekend!  I'll be back on Sunday with a weekend in review post, but taking Saturday off to hang with my BFF, Ornery. :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you got a renter! I also reorganize when my muse disappears. My ribbons are in bad shape. Those not on spools are stuffed into a plastic bag! The spools are on thin wood dowels but propped up in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a variety of storage methods through the years, but this one is my favorite. The little tails of ribbon align and show the color, so I can just wave my card or paper to match over the tops of the boxes and see which one looks best. I have a real aversion to spools, though I am not sure why.
      tm

      Delete
  2. OH yay! Renters!! Have a great weekend!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.