Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Finally unpacked!

It took me a few days to get everything put away from the trip--there were even a few things left from the ornament exchange! I think I am finally caught back up, and even managed to take care of a few things that arrived while we were gone--like this new curtain in the utility room...
The purple rug obviously doesn't really go with the rest of the room, but it is comfy on my feet so until I find something I like for that spot, it will remain in its clashing goodness. :)  The curtain doesn't really hide the shelves, but it does distract the eye so you don't notice the vacuum cleaner and stuff that isn't attractive. I am hoping to put a back splash of blue and green tile around the sink someday, but it is not very high on the priority list right now. We use the sink a lot and the faucets seem to splatter quite a bit which isn't very good for the sheet rock surrounding it.

We bought a curtain rod to go with the curtains I found for the new guest room, but we also bought some paint, and it seemed like a better idea to wait to hang them until we got the walls painted. The wood blinds don't cut a lot of light or insulate very well against the temperature fluctuations outside the window and if we have a winter like last year, we will certainly want all the insulation we can get!

Yesterday I got my hair cut at a new salon.  It was quite an experience to say the least, but my hair feels and looks great. I had a deep conditioning treatment to help overcome the effects of the last couple of perms, and it really was worth every penny. The salon seemed like a scene from an MTV video with clothes and hairstyles that left me wondering what I would look like when I was done, but the stylist was really good (only 18!) and I felt very pampered.  I know if I go back again I will need to schedule a whole afternoon for my experience as just the haircut, shampoo, (which came with a ten minute head, neck and shoulder massage) conditioning and style took over two and a half hours.

Mom came over last night and took the three of us out to the Olive Garden for a Christmas dinner.  Then she came over and visited for a while.  It was a pretty long day, but it really feels good to have that hair under control again!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see the new haircut! (and the massage sounds wonderful..)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.