Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Belated Finale

I didn't get a post written last night with the progress from the day because it was our last night together and we spent it visiting, dining, (Olive Garden), and playing cribbage. Chuck and I played several games, but he ended the tie with a skunk, so he won six to four for the week. That last game was brutal!

For the most part the projects are complete.  Ornery still has a few little things to re-install like hooks and door stops, and we need to paint the new door, but my attention is turned toward the next major events: Elizabeth moving in and the ornament exchange, both of which occur tomorrow.

I will take photos once I get everything cleaned up. We did get moved into the closet last night, and it is so much more usable for our needs. I love the floor, and the lower shelves for all my junk. The top shelf on my side is almost empty, and there is still an entire empty shelf on Ornery's side as well. We had room for a chair in there, (for putting on our shoes) the hamper and the scales.  I am going to put my purse hanger in there instead of just inside the garage door.

Speaking of the garage door, the little alcove between the kitchen and the utility room got a fresh coat of paint when the utility room got one. It is just pretty cool looking!  We used the same green from the hall, living room, etc., on the walls and ceiling except for the wall that greets you when you open the door from the garage, which is now that brilliant orange vermilion color! I need to find something to hang there to decorate, but it is sure an exciting way to enter the house!

Charlie, Chuck and Mimi left at about 6:00 this morning. I will miss the help and companionship, but not the projects!  Ornery plans to start after the first of the year replacing the carpet in the bathrooms with the same flooring we got for the closet.  We left the threshold off the doorway into the bathroom so we wouldn't have to just take it out again. Eventually we plan to put that floor in the studio and hall bath, and will need to paint in the guest room and both bathrooms, but not this year.

The laundry is humming, and I am getting ready to fire up the vacuum cleaner, dust cloth and mop. I still have to fix the food for the exchange and get things ready for Elizabeth to bake her cookies tonight so we can move her tomorrow. We are only making one trip in three vehicles in the morning, but it will take a little while to get things settled in and tidy before the ladies arrive. It will be a very busy couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.