Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

brrr

It is so rare that I am ever cold these days, but this morning there was a decided chill in the air. It never got above 70 yesterday and it is a chilly 43 degrees right now with a projected high of only 58 with up to 30 mph north winds and a freeze warning for tonight. I turned on the heater.

It was a little chilly in the garage yesterday, but I managed to get a lot done out there.  I put the final coat of paint on my little shelves, put the first coat of butcher block oil on the first set of oak baskets that Ornery made, and got a coat of Gripper (primer) put on the end table after partially dismantling it. I was hoping to start painting the design on it today, but I think I will wait until it warms up a bit out there, or I may set up a table in the dining room to paint on.

The Gripper made me feel sort of sick, so if I use it again, I will certainly set up my operation out in the open air.  I did have the fan on and the garage doors partially open, but it wasn't enough to dispel the fumes.  It could be since this RBTI is cleansing the liver that I was more sensitive, but it took me a couple hours to get my equilibrium and a little energy back.  We ended up watching a movie instead of doing anything productive in the evening.

I spent quite a bit of time adding new things to my etsy shop.  Well, they weren't really new things, but new to the shop.  It took a little while to reformat all the photos.  They are jpg pictures, but the camera called them jpe instead. Etsy doesn't recognize that format, so I had to change the letter on each of the descriptions. I rearranged the shop so like things are together, and put up a shop notice for BOGO on the dominoes. The impetus for the activity was another request for a domino, although I don't know if the person will actually buy it since the sale hasn't materialized yet. I think I will add some cards today.

Only six weeks until the ornament and cookie exchange. Time is sure going by quickly. I have decided to go ahead and use my wooden sock ornaments for the exchange so I don't have to make all those others. There is still a lot of other stuff to do, but at least my ornaments are made. I am trying to get as many of my other interior decor projects done as possible before then, but there are sure a lot of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.