- It seems like all I have done this week is try out new recipes and wash dishes! Tuesday I made Lettuce Wraps (sort of like P.F. Chang's), guacamole and banana muffins, and Wednesday I fixed Beef Stroganoff in the crock pot. Today I fixed a new recipe for chicken enchiladas for lunch; for dinner, Parmesan Crumbed Asparagus. I have been posting some of the new recipes on the recipe blog--since it is already established. (I need to switch out the background on that one since it is the same as this!)
- I spent 2.5 hours yesterday helping my friend. I don't think she really needed me for anything but moral support, but she got her office mostly cleaned up, including a rather full closet. There were several bags of papers that met the trash man this morning, and I brought home a little paycheck and a nice little booty from her cast-offs. Among the loot was a small stack of various short lengths of broadcloth, some suede cloth, and a handful of CD's she was going to throw away. I have some ideas already percolating for all of it!
- This morning I wrapped Christmas presents. I know, it is ridiculously early to be thinking such things, but it was positive procrastination. Nothing sounded interesting, even though there are only SEVEN WEEKS until Thanksgiving, and eight weeks until the exchange.
- My sister and brother-in-law are coming for Thanksgiving and spending a week with us! I am so excited! They will leave either the day before or the day of the cookie and ornament exchange, so from Thanksgiving day through December 3rd, Zoe Cottage will be fully occupied!
- Our plan to kill the grass by covering it with black plastic was ineffective to say the least. The grass has grown despite the plastic and it looks like little black Quonset huts between the fence posts Ornery placed on it to keep it from blowing away where the grass has grown underneath! I guess we will have to scalp it, then just dig the determined Bermuda grass out. Ugh.
- I am looking forward to the weekend. No plans! :)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Bits and Bites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.