This is after Ornery rebuilt the cabinet "floor," shoved the useless vent pipe up into the ceiling and closed it off with a piece of plywood to act as a false ceiling the same height as the other cabinets, installed the vent hood and repaired the face of the cabinet. We painted the cabinet and lined it with tiles, painted the area between the vent and back-splash and Voila! Amazing!
![]() |
| What a difference! Clean and usable! We've been working on this for weeks, but it finally all came together today! |
I have a little touch up painting to do and we bought some wood trim to help finish off the edge of the tile, but otherwise, the stove area is done! I haven't painted anything in the ktichen other than the cabinets and ceiling, but there is not much wall space, so it shouldn't take me long.
In addition to the vent hood, Ornery (who took the day off today to work on 507) mowed the front and back yards, installed the new kitchen light fixture, cut all the 1/4 round trim for the baseboards he replaced in the kitchen (kick plate) living and dining rooms, and sawed off the bottom of a door that was really crooked.
I worked a little bit in the yard raking up a pile of leaves and debris that had been there for weeks, primed and painted all the patches in the house (not the garage yet), cleaned (there was sheetrock dust EVERYWHERE!), painted the 1/4 round trim, and cleaned and painted the mantel,which I forgot to take a picture of. I also finished rolling the "green" bedroom, so all that room lacks is HOURS of cut work. Ugh.
Elizabeth came over after work and started sealing the grout on the new tiles in the bathroom. She got two walls done in one shower. We will need more sealer...
I plan to spend the whole day over there tomorrow. The property manager is supposed to come late in the afternoon for us to give her keys and sign the agreement. She thinks she might be able to take some photos to use for advertising. We told her it would be ready to show Monday. Here is hoping that was a true fact!



Hiya ... so pleased for you - you've worked so hard to get this done .. now good luck with the rental etc .. definitely should have takers ..
ReplyDeleteHappy few days ahead .. before it's out of your hands and returning some rental .. cheers Hilary
Good luck with the advertising! We are doing a little remodeling of our own, though probably on a smaller scale. The after pictures are a great improvement!
ReplyDeleteShannon at The Warrior Muse
Have I told you how fabulous this place looks? How would you and your hubby like to take a trip to FL and fix my house? *batting eyes*
ReplyDeleteI've got my fingers crossed for you, or uh, my toes because I need my fingers to finish typing. You can do it!