Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

A to Z Blogging: G is for Garage

I am always amazed when driving through various neighborhoods to note how various people use their garages.  Our cars have been pampered through the years as we have almost always had a garage and used it for the purpose of housing vehicles.  From time to time we would leave them out for a few days while we were getting ready for a garage sale or in the process of moving, but otherwise, the little beasties have kept their youthful appearance out of the harsh rays of the sun and other brutal elements.

When we moved to Zoe Cottage a couple of years ago, we were looking for a home with a three car bay--not because we have three cars, but because Ornery is a wood worker and we wanted to fashion a "man cave" for him.

I think we did pretty well...


There is still room for two cars to park (although at the moment we only have one vehicle) and plenty of room for him to work.

How about you?  Do you park inside a garage? Or is it used as storage?


22 comments:

  1. I don't have a car or a garage so I guess that worked out well. His man-cave looks great tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in envy. Can you come rearrange my garage? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wish! We are the only house on the block without one and regularly feel unbridled anger towards our well-meaning neighbors when they park on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Storage. Definitely storage. It's terrible.

    Happy A through Z blogging.
    pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazes me most is people who don't bother to close their garage doors. We use our garage for our vehicles. There is nothing worse than heading out on a winter morning and having to scrape windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a two-car garage and two cars.
    Which remain parked in the driveway.
    I don't think that's the way it's supposed to go.
    BTW, my post for 'O' is-you guessed it-Oklahoma.
    The state, not the musical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you come over and do a organizing job of our garage? My husband God love him has so much junk in our 1 1/2 car garage I doubt a match box could fit! Storage isn't the word mess is more like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WE have a refrig magnet: It's not an empty nest until they get their stuff out of the garage.

    Such is our garage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Did you clean that before you took those pics?
    I man cave my garage in the summer but the wife and daughter park in there in the winter. Gotta take care of my girls you know but come summer when there is no ice to scrape..it's mine.
    The High Cost of this Low Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. Considering what we call garage do not have roofs, it is not a good idea to store anything in there except the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our double garage currently houses stuff for our remodeling efforts but our goal is to have both vehicles in there before the season of icy windshields begins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never got a garage put on to the barn where I live. Although I used to park in a barn when I lived in a house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My car is in my half of the garage. Hubby's car is parked outside, and I have no idea what fills up the rest of the garage - he has a separate man cave.

    Thanks for checking out my AtoZ.
    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    AtoZ #41

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate garages! Especially the one we had in the UK with massive spiders, I would never go in it never mind putting my little car in it. It was always used as a dumping ground, for storage, things we had no room for in the house. We live in CA now and have a nicer garage with no spiders that I have noticed so far....I still prefer to park in our space though and the bikes, empty boxes, golf clubs are in the garage.

    http://designsbyrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, we've never had a garage that I could park in--we arr building a house right now and we will have a garage to park in! I'm looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garage looks so organized. Ours could use some work.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband would approve :) But bear in mine, he built an RV8 airplane in the last one! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I grew up in a house with a garage, but it was so full, no car was ever going in.

    Returning visit from A to Z.

    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi ONW .. I don't have a garage at the moment, but I'd love one - the next place I live .. will I hope have that space!

    Isn't that great that hubby has his place to work - men love those things .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.