Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend in Review: Just hangin' out

I sort of shut out the world last week as I have been fighting an infection in my "good" eye for quite a while and it was just about impossible to focus for several days.  I can't recall a single memorable thing about the week other than that the tree in our backyard began to turn in earnest.

I don't know what variety of tree it is as I have never seen one before, but its shape reminds me of the mulberry we had in our front yard when I was a kid (round with a straight trunk and fairly fine bark).  The leaves are much smaller and more dainty looking than a mulberry, however, and it is probably one of the most perfect shade trees I have ever seen.  It has no bad habits other than some roots next to the surface, and it is dense and full from early in the spring until the fall.  When it turns colors, it looks like it is lit from within, turning a vibrant yellow with hints of pink on some of the leaf edges beginning at the inside and moving further out on the limbs.  It is only yellow for a short time, one day it has a few spots of yellow, a week later it is completely yellow and a day or two later every single leaf falls off.



Saturday I did some laundry and housework and then watched a lot of YouTube videos and read. Ornery cut out another ornament and went with a new Realtor to look at some potential investment houses.  Elizabeth spent the day at Michael's house.

Sunday Ornery took Elizabeth and Michael out to shoot some engagement photos.  Here are a few...






I asked Ornery to be sure and get a few of them laughing... he as usual was very accommodating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.