Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

More Progress

Here we are at the end of day four of the renovation project. Besides the closet, we have worked on a few other little things--mostly Mimi and I have done other things, the men have been quite focused on the tasks at hand.

Here is the inside of Ornery's end of the closet. Check out that bright white paint!  Mimi finished painting it all today.

These are the new shelves in the utility room; Ornery is caulking along the back. The bottom shelf is tall enough to house my tall appliances like the mixer, blender and food processor. They are currently on the top shelf of the pantry and very difficult to get down.  I plan to put up a curtain across it at some point--just not this week!

I got the second coat put on the top of the little end table. I think in the morning I will sand it and put a final coat on, then move it into the living room. I found a really cute lamp at Target that will look great on it. We picked a square linen shade.

 This is an arrangement in the little birdcage I bought at a yard sale--same one whereI bought my end table--Mimi did a great job of putting it all together for me.

Then she reworked this one. I like this much better than the way I had it-- filled with tulle and nothing exciting about it.

This arrived in the mail for me today from my sister in WA...
So bright and cheery!

The remainder of the jobs:
Chuck is prepping the floor for the vinyl, scraping off the over-spray of mud the building contractors hid under the carpet. The utility room and the new shelves in there still need to be painted, and all the trim needs to be painted and hung and the floor needs to be put down in the closet. Then we need to move everything back in and CLEAN. There is sheet rock dust everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.