Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Focusing on strengths

When Ornery and I took a trip to Albuquerque last year, we listened to a CD by John Maxwell to help pass the time.  One of the things he said that has stuck with both of us was rather than focus on improving the things we are not good at, we should focus on improving the things we are good at.

I forget these lessons sometimes, but this week those words came back to me, first when I scored poorly on the math placement exam to go back to school, and today when I got an email back with a very nice compliment from the author of the eBook that I edited.  He said he was, "VERY PLEASED with what I had accomplished and that very few people had the skill to bring it to the point that (I) had."  He will flesh it out a bit more, but I figured he would considering that the spoken and written words are so different.

I have another assignment, this one is over twice as big as the first one -- instead of four it has ten messages!  The message series is called, "New Covenant Prayer: Everything has Changed." I am giving myself a one month deadline--although no one is going to stand over me with a stick to make sure I meet it! I think if I don't have a deadline, I will procrastinate on it like I did the last one.  It will be a challenge to get it done in that amount of time, but I think it will be good for me to have a meaty project to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.