After eating out for weeks, we finally got some groceries last night and it looks like I can actually stay home ALL DAY today! I really do need to. Beside the fact that I have NO clean clothes to wear, I also have SO much to do here. We only have a few more days before we head out of town for a couple of weeks, so I am feeling a pretty strong urge to accomplish a lot before we go. Friday we have a couple of people coming, one to install the water filter and the other to see about re-routing the dryer vent to the garage (instead of the attic where it currently goes).
Ornery didn't paint last night, but he did get the dryer functional and the small desk put together. It is the only table with legs on it at the moment! I got another dozen or so boxes emptied after dinner, and tidied up a few trouble spots. I have this ideal goal of putting things away one time in the right place straight from the box, but it just is not happening that way!
Today I am going to clean up the kitchen so it can be used, then proceed with unpacking the rest of the boxes in the dining room, which is where we had the movers stack almost everything that didn't go in the garage or library. I will feel like I have accomplished a LOT if I can get that cleared out and make room for the dining room table to be set up. How pleasant it will be to dine at our own table again after such a long absence!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.